Monday, October 5, 2009

USDA yield process

Presumably we should now get some harvested ear weights included in October estimates.
NASS objective yield process
So presumably the report on Friday should include some indication of test weight should it be an issue. Again there are readers out there much more knowledgeable on this issue than I am, you can either anonymously post comments or send me an email and I'll anonymously post any info you want to contribute if you indicate in the email.

After this report, the range of movement in the USDA estimate narrows significantly. I have calcualted the average error for the USDA in August through November by state and it is safe to say that after the October report, there is less chance of a significant movement. I'll try to post those historical error bands in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment